Again, New Link shows the correct file name, and the file is there,
but link downloads the older version.

The program compiles fine.
Did note you made some different changes to the ones I had to get
it to compile.

diff ntpclient-2015/Makefile ntpclient-2024/Makefile
20,22c20,21
< CFLAGS += -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309 -D_BSD_SOURCE
< CFLAGS += -W -Wall  # -W is spelled -Wextra these days, but
-W is stilli
<                     # valid and works with older compilers.
---
> CFLAGS += -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE
> CFLAGS += -Wall -Wextra
23a23
> CFLAGS += -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual
-Wwrite-strings -Wundef -pedantic

diff ntpclient-2015/ntpclient.c ntpclient-2024/ntpclient.c
10,11c10,11
<  *  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, and is incorporated
herein by
<  *  reference.
---
>  *  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html, and is
>  *  incorporated herein by reference.
26c26
<  *  to the nearest jiffy (1/100 second), not so interesting for us.
---
>  *  to the nearest jiffy (1/100 second), which is not so interesting
for us.
28c28
<  *  If the compile gives you any flak, check below in the section
---
>  *  If the compile gives you any flack, check below in the section
44a45
> #include <linux/sockios.h>
602a604,605
>       ntpc.time_of_send[0]=0;
>       ntpc.time_of_send[1]=0;

diff ntpclient-2015/adjtimex.c ntpclient-2024/adjtimex.c
12,13c12,13
<  *  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, and is incorporated
herein by
<  *  reference.
---
>  *  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html, and is
>  *  incorporated herein by reference.

diff ntpclient-2015/README ntpclient-2024/README
17c17
< maintainance and build system sensibilities; some people may
prefer his.
---
> maintenance and build system sensibilities; some people may
prefer his.
173,174c173,174
<  -- fixed and re-enabled -DPRECISION_SIOCGSTAMP, seems to
work properly with
<       modern (e.g., 3.x or 4.x) Linux kernel
---
>  -- fixed and re-enabled -DPRECISION_SIOCGSTAMP, which
seems to work properly
>       with modern (e.g., 3.x or 4.x) Linux kernels
176c176
<       gcc-gcc-4.9.2 and clang-3.5.0)
---
>       gcc-4.9.2 and clang-3.5.0)
181a182,189

> Changes since ntpclient_2015_365:
>  -- use modern -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE and -Wextra in Makefile
>  -- initialize all fields of ntp_control structure
>  -- include <linux/sockios.h> to get SIOCGSTAMP with linux-5.2
and above
>  -- update URL for GPLv2
>  -- test on gcc-8.3.0, gcc-10.2.1, and gcc-12.2.0
>  -- fix other small spelling, grammar, and punctuation problems

A couple minor things. Ran cppcheck on the *.c files, and with
--extra=all it does point that a few print statements have cast
difference where variable and unsigned with %d or signed with
%u.

Other issue. Tried to make it using cpp instead. Only issue I found
was that it didn't work with the *new, but just changed it to *newx
in program and seemed to work fine.

Did post to the busybox link.

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mi...@guam.net
 mailto:msetze...@gmail.com
 mailto:msetze...@gmx.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins