--- peternilsson42 wrote:

> So you made absolutely _no_ change to the semantics of
> that assignment!

  I fixed the signal to make others happy.

> You seem to be only interested in one class of machine.

> why do you think that? Or,
> do you think different values should be displayed?

  My previous reference was:

"The three forms of the IMUL instruction are similar in that the length of the
product is calculated to twice the length of the operands." (Intel 64 and IA-32
Architectures Software Developer's Manual, Instruction Set Reference A-M, Order
Number 253666)

  Now I saw:

"An example of undefined behavior is the behavior on integer overflow."
(ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (E))

  It is mathematically obvious the Intel's approach. I thought it applied
wherever it is possible.