In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Anonim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>how's the road to andorra? i was suposed to go there today and i heard
>there's a lot of snow and the roads are closed. can you give me some
>information on that?

I don't have any up to the minute information but I hope the following
may help.

You have doubtless read of the widespread disruption caused in southern
France and Catalonia by the snowfall on December 14th.  This was news
because there was snow at much lower altitude than is normal.

When there is snowfall, the roads to Andorra may be closed for short
periods or vehicles without snow chains may be turned back.  When there
are problems, overhead signs will warn you of them well before you get
to Andorra.  Normally the road to Andorra is cleared very quickly as
road access is vital to Andorra's economy.  I would *guess* that by now
the road will be open again.

The French have recently discontinued overnight clearance of the Col de
Puymorens.  However, to compensate for this, the Andorrans have taken
over clearance of the road between Pas de la Casa and l'Hospitalet so
that access to Andorra from the Ariège valley is unaffected.
--
E. J. Jewell   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  <URL:http://apsc.free.fr/> Andorran Philatelic Study Circle

Per donar-se de baixa: http://andorraweb.com/aw/caf/index_ca.php3