I know this is somewhat of a troll answer, but:
This should be possible with some tweaks  to core variables, but why in the
world would you want to do that? If your answer is that you know Smarty and
not CakeViews I'd suggest you take 4 hours of reading and you will be
pretty comfortable with Cake's Views.

Cake's view layer is much more powerful and made to work with Cake out of
the box!
Also, doing this would mean that your project will be almost impossible to
update in the future.
If you have something already done in Smarty and want to migrate it to
Cake, you should seriously consider rewriting it entirely rather than
"integrating" it.
You will not be integrating it - believe me you will end up with a lot of
hard-coded and hacked-together stuff.
Especially if what you are migrating is big - the bigger the thing the
bigger the issues you will have in the long run.

Borislav Sabev.

On Monday, 2 June 2014 08:48:45 UTC+3, Vivek Shah wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to integrate smarty template with cakePHP and for that I refer
> http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/tclineks/2006/10/27/how-to-use-smarty-with-cake-smartyview
>
> document
> and came to know it very old one still i modified some steps and reach
> till include helpers in app_controller.
>
> class AppController extends Controller {
>
>     public $view = 'Smarty';
>     public $helpers = array(
>         'SmartyHtml',
>         'SmartyForm',
>         'SmartySession',
>         'Html', 'Session'
>     );
> }
>
> After adding this code in app controller my apache serve got crashed, and
> i am unable to resolve this issue.
>
> Anyone please help or share document from where i can refer how can we
> integrate smary with cakePHP.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

---