Thank you Stephen,

I understand that I have to create an expanded, habtm relations between
users and groups, but I have a brain freeze.

So when the user is a member of a group, he see that group. When trying to
access a group, the application first checks whether the user is a member
of the group, if he is not a member, show him the error message, otherwise
allow access.

Thank you once again, pretty tired.

Nikola,

Dana petak, 20. lipnja 2014. 19:08:55 UTC+2, korisnik Stephen S napisao je:

> I would imagine something like the following if you wanted something very
> simple.
>
> groups
> id |  name | ...
>
> users
> id | ...
>
> groups_users
> id | group_id | user_id | admin | created | modified
>

> The groups_users table would be a HasMany Through rather than
> HasAndBelongsToMany relationship so you can store admin as a tinyint(1),
> this way the original user who creates the group will have admin set to 1
> and the other users invited would default to 0. You can create logic to
> specify admin rights in a very simple way, though there are more
> complicated (and possibly effective) ways to do this depending on what you
> need.
>

> http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/associations-linking-models-together.html#hasmany-through-the-join-model
>

> On 20 June 2014 17:40, Salines <nikola....@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Okay friends, I need the following:
>>
>> enables registered members to dynamically generate user groups, where
>> only members of the group can access content within that group. This is
>> identical to do facebook group.
>>
>> So I need some logic, how to do it. thanks
>>
>> --
>> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
>> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>>
>> ---