dear casper time keepers,

thanks for all your good ideas on how to get a pair of time/freq standards
500 km apart to agree to a few ns.

some of you suggested common view GPS, which can get clocks to agree to
within about 2 or 3 ns:
https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-
<https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-and-frequency-division/atomic-standards/common-view-gps-time-transfer>
and-frequency-division/atomic-standards/common-view-gps-time-transfer
<https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-and-frequency-division/atomic-standards/common-view-gps-time-transfer>
also see papers at the bottom of that page.

some suggested NIST TMAS service, (time-measurement and analysis service),
where you pay a monthly fee for NIST to keep your GPSDO to < 10ns RMS wrt
NIST-UTC.
https://www.nist.gov/programs-projects/time-measurement-and-analysis-service-tmas

i like john's suggestion of letting the oscillator drift, rather than
continually trying to correct it.
i think several observatories do that -  makes sense.

best wishes,

dan