Hi Jack,

Is that actually where the Xilinx tools were installed?

Yes.

Did the installation say it succeeded?

yes, in did I can run ISE and open the interfaces without problem.

Which Xilinx package did you download?

I'm not sure what you referring to "Xilinx package". but download
"Xilinx_ISE_DS_Lin_14.7_1015_1" from xilinx and follow the casper tutorial
"how to install Xilinx ISE" (
https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel/wiki/How-to-install-Xilinx-ISE).
this don't give any problem.

Thank for your time to help me.

Cheers
Gonzalo

PD: before to have this problem. I was install all the tool flow without
problem, but the OS (Ubuntu 14) failed and I had to re-install everything
on the computer.