One question, at my understanding if I use a filter to decimate I'm ,in a
certain way, adding all the samples using the filter for the decimation,
like  averaging with the appropriate weights for one frequency range. So
the decimation filter should interpret the same role as the accumulation
you mention.

Aside from that, I have a throughput requirement so I can't add a lot of
samples... The dithering you mention only works with a proper accumulation
right? because I tried to add noise to my system and didn't see a
difference.