dear v. mugandhan,

as you probably know, measuring the spectrum of an adc by terminating it's
input or leaving it open is not very useful:
adc's have a DC offset that changes with temperature.
if the DC offset happens to be near an edge between two ADC staircase
levels, the adc will chatter like crazy between these two levels,
even a few microvolts of noise or RFI will cause the ADC to chatter between
two or three levels, and the spectrum will be dominated
by interleave spurs and RFI.  when the offset drifts so it's right between
two levels, the spectral spurs and RFI will be smaller...
if you add a few LSB of noise or signal, then the pattern is not dependent
on the DC offset.

best wishes,

dan

Dan Werthimer