Hello, again!

In addition to the CASPER meeting, there are smaller gatherings (typically
no more than ~20 people) for those specifically interested in adding
support for new hardware to the CASPER ecosystem, and improving the CASPER
toolflow.

These gatherings are informally organised, based on interest from
participants. They generally take two formats.

1. A Hardware Porting meeting (1 week)
This is where those already using non-CASPER hardware (ADCs / FPGA boards /
etc.) can get assistance from CASPER developers to add support for this
hardware to the CASPER toolflow.
This can be a good meeting to attend if:
- You have an ADC mezzanine card and HDL to support it, and want to create
a yellow block to use it in simulink.
- You have been using a commercial FPGA board and want to program it with
CASPER tools.

2. Busy Week (1 week)
This is a developer hackathon, where the core CASPER developers try to
clean up outstanding issues with the toolflow / casperfpga / other CASPER
infrastructure, and merge in new features they've been working on over the
past year.
This can be a good meeting to attend if:
- You hate something about the toolflow and want to fix it.
- You want to rewrite the toolflow and take over the collaboration from the
inside.

Often for logistical convenience the two weeks are held back-to-back in one
location, though this not necessarily be the case.

One thing we do try to do (at which we failed spectacularly in 2019!) is to
hold these meetings out-of-phase with the main CASPER workshop, which means
that we will aim to have them in the first quarter of 2020.

Some folk have already expressed interest in hosting this meeting, but no
time or place has yet been formally agreed upon. I'm hoping that we can
hammer out these details in the next developer telecon.

*If you think you might like to attend, please fill out the
expression-of-interest form at *https://forms.gle/hEMCapJRnVzYX9QE6

*All further information about these meetings will be communicated *only*
on the developer maillist. Feel free to subscribe by sending a blank email
to:*
*casper-dev+subscr...@lists.berkeley.edu
<casper-dev%2bsubscr...@lists.berkeley.edu>*

Cheers