Hello,

I'm new in this research, in Romania there is no scientific radio telescope
yet. I'm working at the Solar Group of Astronomical Institute of Romanian
Academy and this is the reason I would start with a solar radio
spectroscope, CALLISTO like station. I searched an inexpensive SDR to
emulate the callisto analog receiver but with fairly large bandwidth and
speed. The high end ones are too expensive and have many features that we
don't need like DAC, TX, filters and so on.

I've learned that a 12bit ADC with high Mbsp and a FPGA can do the job, we
don't need to decode or demodulate a signal, just record the noise level
coming from the Sun (or other radio astronomy objects). In this search I've
found your group and I wonder if you can help me to find a really cheap
solution because we don't have a budget for this project right now.

What modules I can buy or build myself (I have basic skills on electronics,
microcontrollers and radio) to get a spectrogram of 400 MHz wide with a
better than 0.1s time resolution? The Sun radio burst can be received
between 10-1500MHz but with different antennas, so I would start with a log
periodic dipole wide band antenna, from 120 to 800MHz.

Thank you and best regards,
Octavian Blagoi
researcher
AIRA www.astro.ro