Hi, Mark,

That packet rate should be very manageable.  Are you using the standard
"socket()" and "recv()" functions or are you using packet sockets?  Packet
sockets are a more efficient way to get packets from the kernel that bypasses
the kernel's IP stack.  It's not as efficient as IBVerbs or DPDK, but it is
widely supported and should be more than adequate for the packet/data rates you
are dealing with.  Hashpipe has functions that make it easy to work with packet
sockets by providing a somewhat higher level interface to them.  If your
version of Hashpipe doesn't have a "hashpipe_pktsock.h" then you should update
for sure.

HTH,
Dave