Hi Sean,

These are all good questions and Ill try to point you in the right
direction.

So if you followed this tutorial to setup your red pitaya:
https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/projects/tutorials/en/latest/tutorials/redpitaya/red_pitaya_setup.html#running-the-script-on-a-preloaded-rp-sd-card
You should have tcpborphserver installed on the PS. You can telnet into
tcpborphserver and issue register read and writes that way. ie you could
telnet into tcpborphserver on localhost form the RP using a python script
and run your tasks that way. If I remember correctly tcpboprhserver can
address a register by name so you shouldnt need to worry about memory maps,
but if you are you can look at the fpg file that you uploaded and the
header will contain the memory map. You can also see the memory map in a
file called coreinfo.tab in your build directory.

Hope this helps.

Wesley New
South African SKA Project
+2721 506 7300