Hi all,

   I've been away for the last while, and so I'm not sure if people have had
their fill chasing BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS, but at about 8 AM this morning I saw a
flock of 90 perched in the trees a bit to the west of the white barn (Kip's
Barn) in Sapsucker Woods.  As far as I could tell with my binoculars, there was
not a single Cedar Waxwing with the group.  The last that I saw, the birds were
flying down into some shrubs along or near the power line cut.  They were
easily audible from the north part of the Wilson Trail: I was hearing them well
before I came to a location where I could see them.

   These birds were something of a curse-breaker for me: the first Bohemian
Waxwings that I've seen in New York (after having seen them in a surprising
number of other places over the time that I've lived in Ithaca, including in
two other countries in the last 3 weeks).

Wesley Hochachka