From my yard, it’s been seeming that most of the Merlin activity has been
concentrated around the row of White Pine trees behind the dumpsters of the two
apartment buildings on Tareyton, in the area that there was a crow nest 2 years
ago (I think 2 years ago…).  When I’ve been watching a calling Merlin in
flight, it’s path seems to almost invariably lead to circling around or maybe
diving into those pines.

Wesley

From: bounce-125495218-3494...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-125495218-3494...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of anneb.cl...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:20 PM
To: Kenneth V. Rosenberg <k...@cornell.edu>
Cc: Karen <confergoldw...@aol.com>; CAYUGABIRDS-L
<cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Merlin reports

Interesting. They have more 2020 crow nests to rent in the Birchwood area than
near that sycamore. But it will be interesting to see if one pair is searching
the whole area. The nest used last year was either a recently depredated
American crow nest or a takeover, the reason for the crow nest failure.
Anne
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2021, at 6:41 PM, Kenneth V. Rosenberg