On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:13 PM, pra pa <patelpr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thx. I did not paly with all that different strings but nice to know. :-)
>
> So in short "*" can include space in AS path string i.e. "_" and it covers
> "any multiples" too.

. matches any character.  .* matches any character any number of times.

+ matches the previous character one or more times.

_ matches a space.

An excellent reference for regular expressions is O'Reilly's
_Mastering Regular Expressions_, though it is geared towards the UNIX
world (there are some slight differences).

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
http://evilrouters.net/