There are a large number of PAK clashes, I would regard this "solution" with
caution. Have you inspected the solution to see where these clashes are
occurring? If they are from long flexible loops or the termini, perhaps if you
would trim the model to remove those clashes and re-run the MR calculation, you
might wind up with a better solution that will refine.

I also second the re-building option. Run density modification with the MR
solution, then try both Phenix AutoBuild and also Buccaneer. For a 3.0 Å
dataset, I would expect that Buccaneer would be more likely to work (and
certainly give you an answer in less time). If Buccaneer can't give you a
solution after using your "solution" for density modification and re-building,
I would regard this as an unusable solution.

The R-factors you quote after refinement indicate that the solution is not
correct, or at least not correct enough to converge to the true solution.

Since it is a multi-domain protein, perhaps try the MR search with individual
domains.

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816