Hi

Didn’t Francis Crick have something to say about this in the early 1950s? I’m
sure it was published but off the top of my mind I can’t think where (one of
the more “established” members of this community will be able to give chapter
and verse)!

If you want to read something a little more detailed than people have mentioned
here, there’s a “Methods in Enzymology” chapter by Charlie Carter (?) et al
from the early part of this century on the subject - again, I can’t remember
exactly who or when.

Have a good break (which reminds me to  register for the CCP4 Study Weekend)!

Harry