On 6/27/19 5:09 PM, John H. Reinhardt via cctalk wrote:
What I've usually heard is don't have your domain registrar also be your site host.  Like GoDaddy.
Apparently some people have had problems with the host not letting them move the name registration when switching hosting providers. Or vice versa.

Ah.  Vendor lock in.

I'm guessing that people buy packages that are only valid as a complete package. So when you try to break the package, everything in the package vaporizes. Much like triple play TV / Internet Phone from the Cable / Phone company.

I don't have any experience with that. I've either self hosted or, like now, have co-located hardware.

:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die