On 7/7/2020 1:02 PM, Ethan O'Toole via cctalk wrote:
Am I correct that a v5.1 SCSI2SD should work just fine?  Anything I need to be
aware of?

I run a SCSI2SD on my A2500 with whatever SCSI card it has by default. The only
issue that I have is the SCSI2SD boots slower than the Amiga, so when I power
on the Amiga I have to wait a few seconds then do the A+A+Control reboot three
finger salute (or whatever it is.) Before it's ready the Amiga just sits at a
white screen forever, but after a reboot the SCSI2SD is ready and it boots fine.

What version of the SCSD2SD V5 do you have?  The V5.1 was reworked to boot faster (so
claims the site here
<http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD#Which_version_should_you_buy_.3F>
 ) and the V6 boots even faster I believe.
Extra FRIGGIN awesome is I can pull the SD card out, shove it in a Win10 laptop
and boot the same OS on WinUAE... copy stuff on, pull SD card out stuff it back
in the physical system and go.

It would be nice if the SCSI2SD was mounted on a expansion cover plate though,
with the LEDs visible and the SD card accessible externally.

That's how I them mounted in my MicroVAX 3100 and AlphaServer DS10.  On the Alphaserver I bought
the 3.5" bracket and replaced the floppy disk with it.  On the MicroVAX I used the same
3.5" bracket and mounted it in a 5.25" to 3.5" bracket with a homemade baseplate.

SCSI2SD mounting bracket:
<https://store.inertialcomputing.com/product-p/scsi2sd-v5.1-v6-bracket-black.htm>

StarTech 3.5" to 5.35" mount <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HLZXH2>

 -- : Ethan O'Toole