On 20/11/2020 17:59, Tom Hunter via cctalk wrote:
Hi Patrik,

As to the superglue - it was the only option because the prongs are just
melted flat. To get the key mechanism out or off I had to scrape all the
melted plastic off. I then subsequently re-attach the key mechanism to the
aluminium backing board by applying a tiny drop of superglue between what
was left of each prong and the associated hole in the aluminium backing
plate. The key mechanisms can be pushed out again with moderate effort if
it is ever necessary again.

Another way to do this is, or to repair any heat-staked plastic, is to use a cheap 3D printing pen with the sample ABS or even PLA filament they usually come with.

Lurid colours are optional with this technique ;-)

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull