On 02/26/2021 12:00 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
On 2/24/2021 5:48 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:

Faster? The only comparison I have is between my KA630-AA and my current desktop (Dell Optiplex 980) running Ubuntu. It seems to be almost 1000 X faster. I have a program that records environmental data every 15 seconds. Then, there are programs that condense and summarize the data. The whole run at the end of the year used to take about 30 minutes. It runs in about 5 SECONDS on the PC. (Yes, I know, only 360 X.)

Jon
But it seems boot times get longer and longer.
Ben.

A stock Ubuntu 12.04 on my laptop (with SSD) boots up, I can log in and be on the desktop in 15 seconds. That is good enough for me. I have to run Widows 10 for tax software, and on a VM and magnetic drive, that is quite slow.

Jon