From: wrco...@wrcooke.net <wrco...@wrcooke.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2022 7:13 PM
To: D. Resor <organlis...@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: ID UV erasable PROMS used on an IBM PC board?

> On 03/20/2022 8:59 PM D. Resor via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> I cannot find a datasheet by any of the numbers silkscreened on these ICs.
>
> Could these be proprietary IBM P/N numbers?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6rvemx9ldbbv5x/EPROMS1.jpg?dl=0
>
> No need for a Dropbox account, close the login pop up and you can view
> the image.
>
> Thanks
>
> Don Resor

More details would help.  What is the board?  Do you know at what address in
the PC memory map they fit?
Based on the info you gave and the picture  I would bet $1 they are standard
2764 chips.  The 2764 was the first standard chip to have 28 pins.  The size of
the die visible through the quartz window is consistent with 2764 (as opposed
to 27128 or 27256) and the fact there is room for 3 which would give 24K total.
 The PC didn't have a lot of places in the memory map that would allow more
than 24K.  Three 27128s would be 48K (a LOT in those days) and the 27256 would
be 96K.

I can't help with the part numbers.  But I doubt they are IBM proprietary.  The
vast majority of chips used in the early PC line were standard from other
companies.
Will