Tony in response to your original idea of wanting to download images for use on
you existing machines ( did i get that right?), i think you have everything you
need already. Download the images to your win 8 box  then use file transfer
software (kermit or xmodem) to serially transfer to the specific box you want
to use the software on and the use the floppy on that box to write the
floppies. It seems like there is a version of kermit made for every box
imaginable.  The only possible gotcha is does the box have a serial port.

Sent from my iPhone