You can find some manuals here, but probably not what you want…

WWW.FLIGHT-MANUALS-ONLINE.COM

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2023, at 09:34, Martin Bishop via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

The UK Concorde heritage sites may provide contacts / answers

e.g. https://www.heritageconcorde.com/duxford

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shoppa, Tim via cctalk [mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org]
Sent: 16 September 2023 16:53
To: cctalk@classiccmp.org
Cc: Shoppa, Tim <tsho...@wmata.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Concorde cabin display technology?

Not quite computer tech but I figure this is the best place to ask:

Does anyone recognize the display tech that was used on the Concorde's in-cabin
display?

Examples:

https://samchui.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CON15.jpg

https://samchui.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CON16.jpg

The display had fully-formed digits and letters, and showed either Mach and
Feet, or Temp and MPH. Some pictures show the display in green and others show
it in orange - which of course were popular monochrome CRT colors, yet the
display looks too "flat" to be a couple CRT's. Those colors were also popular
for Electroluminiscent displays which matches the evident "flatness" but I'm
not sure I've seen any EL's with fully formed digits like this with no visible
segmentation?

I want to guess it was individual digits back-projected - which was a popular
control-theater display tech at the end of the 20th century - but I can't rule
out, say, really well-done edge-lit character plates. In any event there
doesn't seem to be any visible jitter up and down between digits that I might
expect with either of those technologies.

The "FEET" display in the above-referenced JPG's shows some artifacts at the
left and right edges which might be a clue?

Some pics of the BA Concorde interior had a simple 15-segment and 7-segment
green LED display. Don't need help with that one 🙂.

Tim N3QE