> On Dec 3, 2023, at 8:27 AM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> That is my question.
>
> I have used a couple of versions of the SCSI2SD boards in the past with
> Viking, Emulex QC07, DEC RQXZ1 controllers in the past, and also direct
> connections to MicroVax SCSI buss's.
>
> There are other manufacturers of these SD to SCSI emulators now. What is the
> current SOA?  What works, what doesn't work with DEC hardware?
>
> Doug

In 2021, one of the projects during my Sabbatical was to work over my
VAXstation 4000’s.  As part of this, I bought some SCSI2SD boards, and got one
working in my VAXstation 4000/90.  I planned to do the same with the VAXstation
4000/60 I have in a rack, but it’s still running off of a rack mount BA350, and
a couple old SCSI drives.  I should probably look into what it would take to
put a SCSI2SD board in a SBB.

I need to find time to work on my PDP-11/23+ and PDP-11/73, as I’m sure I need
to replace the caps in the Powersupplies, so I haven’t tried to drive a SCSI2SD
board with a Viking QDT.

Zane