Hi Mattis,

here some Datapoint 2200 files, I made a copy off.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SAXoQaJ_oQSYYJUIjJ1WlSr6SCDAbtRp?usp=sharing

Hopefully one or the other useful tape file to discover

Thomas

On 03.12.2023 12:00, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
Hello!

I have an ongoing project to restore a Datapoint 2200 version II and in the
process of doing so I created a small simulator for it to understand it
better. The simulator is now in the condition that it runs the cassettes
that I try on it quite well.

The simulator compiles on Macos and Linux.
https://github.com/MattisLind/DP2200

A short movie clip when it is running:
https://youtu.be/XfsMBhP13ww?si=CHpFKe8eecWjdxDC

Having a simulator for a 2200 if there is no software around is no point.
There are some tapes on bitsavers.org and a couple of other collectors do
have cassettes that can be read.

But is there anyone else out there that is sitting on tapes for a Datapoint
2200 (or 5500, 6000, 6600)?

Tapes can be read on a normal mono audio cassette tape recorder and fed
into a PC which samples the signal, preferably at 44100 kHz with 16 bit
resolution. It is important to not overdrive the input of the computer so
that the signal becomes a square wave.

/Mattis