Yup…  I’m so glad I taught myself MUMPS when others thought it wouldn’t be of
much use.  It’s my favorite language and it got me a really great job which I
enjoy.  I get constant inquiries from recruiters (in fact my current employer
(who I’ve been with 10 years) recruited me away from my previous employer).
There is always the risk of getting outsourced in this industry of course but
so far, they seem to have difficulty finding MUMPS resources in India (so it’s
a little safer than being a COBOL programmer in that regard).

Tommy Chang