The code in legacy was an academic project, but has limited functionality.
There are nowadays a few open source tools that can predict the IUPAC name.
By using OPSIN you can check if that prediction makes sense: OPSIN
generated a chemical structure from the IUPAC name and if that is the same
as the IUPAC that was generated, you have a good shot.

See https://scholia.toolforge.org/topic/Q110408287

Egon

On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 at 17:33, Yong Gao <y...@blueprintmedicines.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Has anyone successfully generated IUPAC names from a smiles string? I see
> some code in the legacy module,  but did not see a way to do it. Also, any
> suggestions for doing this with some other open source software?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Yong
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail transmission may contain
> privileged, confidential and/or sensitive information and is intended only
> for the review of the party to whom it is addressed and for the stated
> purpose.  Unauthorized use or disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you
> have received this transmission in error, please notify
> *eupriv...@blueprintmedicines.com
> <eupriv...@blueprintmedicines.com>* if you're in the EU or
> *priv...@blueprintmedicines.com
> <priv...@blueprintmedicines.com>* for all other locations. Then
> immediately delete the transmission without reading its contents.

Inherited disorders can be hard to interpret when multiple biomarkers are
involved. A network approach can help bring insight:
https://doi.org/10.1186/s13023-023-02683-9

--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT