On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:35:56PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> The Sony is known to be very picky about medium quality....
> You did neither mention the media manufacturer nor include a cdrecord -atip
> outout.....

It was a Memorex DVD-R, as I mentioned in the previous message.  Anyway,
I got it to work with the same media type on the second try by adding
"speed=1" to the options.

Since this experiment was successful, our next step will be licensing.
We are one department in a non-profit hospital and we plan to use DVD for
data backups.  Does this fall under the "private/educational/research"
license for cdrecord-ProDVD?