Akemi Yagi wrote:

Yes those are the tools I tried to install. Do you need the new kernels as well?

Thanks, Fletch

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Fletch Bowling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,
 Newbie to CentOS and attempting to run it under a windows xp host.
 I see there is  a open version of vmware tools available but getting
 various dependency errors when attempting to install. the rpms.

 Will these tools install for ver CentOS 5 or are they for an earlier
 version?

 P.S. How closely does CentOS match  Redhat binaries? VMware tools (from
 workstation 6) install just fine but could not be configured due to
 various errors.

 Thanks,
 Fletch

Have you tried open-vm-tools from here?