On Wed, 8 Mar 2017, Mark Weaver wrote:

On 03/08/2017 07:09 PM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> >  I followed your guide to the letter, however I think it seems I
> >  missed something. When I test with telnet to port 25 this is the
> >  result:
> >  Trying 10.10.3.6...
> >  Connected to merlin.ciss.local.
> >  Escape character is '^]'.
> >  220 mdw1982.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.7/8.13.8; Wed, 8 Mar 2017
>  16:53:31 -0500
> >  ehlo merlin
> >  250-mdw1982.com Hello [10.10.3.102], pleased to meet you
> >  250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> >  250-PIPELINING
> >  250-8BITMIME
> >  250-SIZE
> >  250-DSN
> >  250-ETRN
> >  250-DELIVERBY
> >  250 HELP
> > >  auth login
> >  504 5.3.3 AUTH mechanism login not available
>  about permissions on the key file. Try googling for
>  confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL and GroupReadableKeyFile.
> > Make sure saslauthd is configured and running. > > Compile your .mc (m4) file with the macros distributed with the
>  version of sendmail you're actually running. This line suggests you're
>  not:
> > mdw1982.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.7/8.13.8 > > That's a first stab at things to try.

I fixed the version mis-match by installing sendmail-cf package and recompiling sendmail.mc. saslauthd is running and conigured according to your specs. So, I'm not sure what's missing.

Still googling around and found some things that appear to be missing from the sendmail config, but when I test saslauthd it doesn't appear to be working.

testsaslauthd -u username -p mypassword
0: NO "authentication failed"

Usually, testsaslauthd needs a service name. In this case,

  testsaslauthd -u username -p mypassword -s smtp

If your password has any characters a shell might misinterpret (*, !, <, >, &, ...), make sure you enclose it in quotation marks.

What have you seen in your logs (usually /var/log/maillog on CentOS systems)? If sendmail is having trouble setting up TLS/SSL, it will let you know!

You may have to post the entire contents of your sendmail.mc (the m4 file), redacted as necessary to obscure any non-relevant bits that may be sensitive.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinl...@madboa.com <> http://www.madboa.com/