On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Jerry Geis wrote:

Hi All,

I am attempting to create a custom USB drive for kickstart install.
[... much snippage ...]
But I would also like to create a custom directory on the ISO and put some files in there for a custom POST section.

I was not able to find an example with a custom POST section on the ISO. Anyone have any examples?

The trouble I think you'll encounter is that the %post section of the kickstart operation is chroot-ed into the new system. You won't be able to see the original ISO, as far as I know.

The %pre section is *not* run in the chroot environment, but it's run prior to partitioning the system disk, so I don't know how you'd copy files unless you did all your partitioning in %pre, reserving one partition for your %post data.

I think what I'd do is create and install a custom rpm with the data files you want available during %post. Of course, that means you'll have to hack the repo on your USB drive, so it's not really a lightweight solution.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinl...@madboa.com <> https://www.madboa.com/