On Feb 26, 2021, at 17:16, hw <h...@gc-24.de> wrote:
> Ejabberd is supposed to expire files when they are older than desired, and
> selinux prevents it.  How can I solve this problem other than by disabling
> selinux or by deleting the files manually?

It’s possible that you are only capturing part of the process, such as a stat()
before unlink(), so it still fails.  You need to capture the entire process.

Temporarily set it to permissive (setenforce Permissive) and let it do what it
does (is there a way to force it?). Then you should use ausearch to find the
AVCs over the time period when it ran, and pipe that into audit2allow.

HOWEVER...

There’s probably a better solution than blindly creating a module.  You need to
figure out what the correct SELinux attribute to put on the directory so you
don’t need a module.

—
Jonathan Billings