On 25/05/2023 01.40, 胡 玮文 wrote:
> Hi Hector,
>
> Not related to fragmentation. But I see you mentioned CephFS, and your OSDs
> are at high utilization. Is your pool NEAR FULL? CephFS write performance is
> severely degraded if the pool is NEAR FULL. Buffered write will be disabled,
> and every single write() system call needs to wait for reply from OSD.
>
> If this is the case, use “ceph osd set-nearfull-ratio” to get normal
> performance.

I learned about this after the issue; they did become nearfull at one
point and I changed the threshold, but I don't think this explains the
behavior I was seeing because I was trying to do bulk writes (which
should use very large write sizes even without buffering). What happened
was usually a single OSD would immediately go to 100% utilization, but
not the rest, which is what I'd expect if that one OSD was the one with
the most fragmented free space ending up pathologically slowing down writes.

- Hector