On 30-04-2024 11:22, ronny.lippold wrote:
hi stefan ... you are the hero of the month ;)

:p.

i don't know, why i did not found your bug report.

i have the exact same problem and resolved the HEALTH only with "ceph osd force_healthy_stretch_mode --yes-i-really-mean-it"
will comment the report soon.

actually, we think about 4/2 size without stretch mode enable.

what was your solution?

This specific setup (on which I did the testing) is going to be full flash (SSD). So the HDDs are going to be phased out. And only the default non-device-class crush rule will be used. While that will work for this (small) cluster, it is not a solution. This issue should be fixed, as I figure there are quite a few cluster that want to use device-classes and use stretch mode at the same time.

Gr. Stefan