Hi Robert

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 8:06 AM Robert Sander <r.san...@heinlein-support.de>
wrote:

> On 4/29/24 08:50, Alwin Antreich wrote:
>
> > well it says it in the article.
> >
> >     The upcoming Squid release serves as a testament to how the Ceph
> >     project continues to deliver innovative features to users without
> >     compromising on quality.
> >

> > I believe it is more a statement of having new members and tiers and to
> > sound the marketing drums a bit. :)
>
> The Ubuntu 24.04 release notes also claim that this release comes with
> Ceph Squid:
>
> https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/noble-numbat-release-notes/39890

Almost - we've been using snapshots from the squid branch to get early
visibility of the upcoming Squid release as we knew it would come after the
Ubuntu 24.04 release date.  The release notes were not quite on this front
(I've now updated).

The Squid release will be provided via a Stable Release Updates post
release by the Ceph project.