Hi,

Currently when something goes wrong with the backing Ceph cluster a RGW will
block for ever because RADOS operationgs block indefinitely.

Using 'rados_osd_op_timeout' and 'rados_mon_op_timeout' we can tune this
behaviour by setting timeouts to 30 seconds. [0]

By doing so we can give clients back a proper error instead of just hanging
there.

I'm just wondering, is there a danger here which I don't see? Possible
corruption of multipart uploads not succeeding and corrupting that way for
example?

I can't think of a reason, but maybe somebody else has a clever insight on this.

Wido

[0]:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/dc02b37a9704eb33c86108cf05768b85af05fe1b/src/common/config_opts.h#L1174