Ok, I haven't done any new music drops in awhile and that is a shame, so
here is something fascinating for you today.

I have a deep love for Sturgil Simpson. He's a young country artist (might
call him outlaw or honkytonk) from Kentucky who is an up and comer doing
things decidedly outside the Nashville machine.  He's got solid roots but a
definite willingness to do things his own way with no apologies to anyone
and the dude is a hell of a guitar player and song writer.

His first album under his own name was critically acclaimed and he just
dropped his sophomore release. He could have done more of the same but,
instead, he did something...different.

New album is called Metamodern Sounds in Country Music and is largely a set
of contemplations on metaphysics, string theory, and acid trips. It also is
really good and rocking.  Still country, but yeah, definitely different.

The first single and video is called Turtles All The Way Down and it's
worth a watch.

Here's a review, player for the album, and link to an interview and such:
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/sturgill-simpsons-metamodern-sounds-now-available-for-pre-order

Cheers,
Judah