The Oregon exchange is certainly an abject failure. It was a large failure
on the part of the vendor (Oracle) and on management that did a crappy job
of monitoring the vendor and auditing their work (the Oregon Health
Authority). Plenty of blame to go around with a doubt.

But how does one flawed implementation point to a problem with the law? You
say "most failed". That is bullshit. Oregon's failed. And now we are moving
things along to piggy back on the national exchange. This is not the first
IT project that has ever failed, nor the largest.  We need to learn from
it, without a doubt, but a failure of the IT project does indicate that the
law behind it is a failure. As noted by others, plenty of exchanges have
worked very well.

IT projects fail. Demand accountability (high level people have been fired
and Oracle is getting sued), learn from mistakes, recover the best you can,
and move forward.

Judah