iirc, this is not a cfquery doing, but rather the mysql jdbc driver's.
there is some setting for the connector-j and/or in mysql server config
file that changes this behaviour, but you will have to look it up in the
mysql reference manual - i do not remember the details of this setting...

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/