I have a problem with a non-CF-related out-of-control service on one of
my servers.  I purchased a product called ProcessLasso (cost about $150
IIRC).  It allows you to assign thresholds for CPU utilization that will
automatically kill "rogue" processes or restart them.  Might be worth
considering.

HTH,
Carl