On 2014-03-02 17:20, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> On 2 March 2014 17:00, Matt Gushee <m...@gushee.net> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Does this mean that I am loading the module wrong?
>>> [...]
>> No. The numbers egg redefines all the standard arithmetic 'operators'
>> [...]
> Ok. Does this also mean that there is no way to suppress these messages
> (without also suppressing a similar message if I accidentally redefine
> something I shouldn't)?
> [...]

Hello,

as far as I know there is no good way to suppress some of these messages
in the interpreter, but when compiling modular code you can use
selective imports, for example adding an (except ...) clause to the
scheme and/or chicken modules for those standard bindings you are later
going to redefine.

Ciao,
Thomas