#613 $ chicken-doc scheme open-output-file

-- procedure: (open-output-file filename [mode ...])

Takes a string naming an output file to be created and returns an output port
capable of writing characters to a new file by
that name. If the file cannot be opened, an error is signalled. If a file with
the given name already exists, the effect is
unspecified.

Additional mode arguments can be passed in, which should be any of the keywords
#:text, #:binary or #:append. #:text
and #:binary indicate the mode in which to open the file (this has an effect on
non-UNIX platforms only), while #:append
indicates that instead of truncating the file on open, data written to it
should be appended at the end. The extra mode
arguments are CHICKEN extensions to the R5RS standard.