On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 09:12:08AM -0700, igors wrote:
> Hello!
> chicken 5.x under Windows XP when running, for example csi.exe, error:
> function GetFinalPathNameByHandle not found, because it appeared in Windows
> Vista. Is it possible to replace this function, for example with
> NtQueryInformationFile or something else to be able to run on Windows XP?
> location: posixwin.c -> fd_to_path()

Hello,

According to Wikipedia, "Mainstream support for Windows XP ended on
April 14, 2009, and extended support ended on April 8, 2014".
I don't think it's reasonable to expect support on a system that even
its manufacturer hasn't been willing to support, even for businesses
that were paying for "extended support", for over 9 years.

It sucks, but in this case I'm afraid you're on your own.

Cheers,
Peter