Huh, looking through the log I guess I implemented the variadic operators, but
I don't remember why?

> Anyways, happy to continue to get this out to folks. I don't know to
> what extent users are currently using SRFI-143 so I'd be wary to push
> this out, but I went to the liberty of bumping the version to 1.0.0
> since this would definitely be a major breakage of the API.

I grepped through all the .egg files in eggs-5-latest and it seems only
SRFI-217 and integer-map depend on SRFI-143; they do not appear to make use of
the variadic operators. This is confirmed by passing tests even when building
these eggs with a patched SRFI-143.

> I don't have a SourceHut account, but from what I know of SourceHut I
> believe either approach can be made to work (I may need to set up
> git-send-email). For what it's worth, I've done the hard work of
> converting everything to an R7RS egg as well as fixing the tests / arity
> of every procedure to match that of (chicken fixnum) and what I presume
> to be John's original intent with the SRFI.

Thanks. I have applied your patch, tagged the commit, and pushed it.

I haven't actually been using sourcehut for that long relatively, so I'm not
sure what's required to give you access to the repo. At a glance it seems easy
to add other users by account name, but if there's another way I could look
into it (or if we'd simply want to move the egg somewhere else, fine by me).

I'll try to be at least a little more active on email (IRC, if I ever get
around to setting it up again) going forward to keep track of this and my other
eggs, should they come up.

Diego