Welcome!

My male, Desi Lou, was a nightmare to train.  He would go potty on top of
his toys, anywhere he was playing he would go instead of on the puppy pads.
When he was in his area, he would use the puppy pads, but otherwise he would
go wherever he was and/or wanted.  I got to the point that I put him out in
the back yard and told him to go potty.  I watched from the inside window
and he walked around out there for about 20 minutes before he actually went
potty.  I then opened the door and gave him a treat.  The next day it took
him almost as long, and then I gave him the treat.  The third day he walked
around for about 15 minutes and then stepped off the concrete to the rocks
and then ran to the door.close he knew he was getting a treat for stepping
in the rocks but didn't remember the going potty part.  It took over a week
for him to actually go right to the rocks and find a place to go potty and
then run to the door for his treat - he is very food oriented!

I had my neighbors dog here for the last week and he started peeing on the
toys.  I think he was trying to mark them as his so that Mandy wouldn't play
with them.  I didn't see him doing this, but found it after the fact.

Joan, Dolly Dee & Desi Lou