Sent from Incredimail for iPad

From: Peggy & The Girls
Yesterday

That can happen when they are on a corn or a rice kibble. Best foods have
Chicken as the first ingredient and preferably as the second ingredient to. I
had Gigi once on a diet that was Chicken, rice, then some other type of rice
and she had a hard timing going too. I switched her to a chicken, oatmeal,
barley, kibble and she doesn't have a problem with that.  It can also happen
when their anal gland is clogged. When she goes to the Vet ask him to ''express
her gland''. A lot of dogs need it done sooner or later. I only have to do
Gigi's once a year which I do. Princess had hers done years ago and is ready to
have it checked out again. I leave her to a Vet as she is hard to express.  It
all depends on the dog. I do not believe in doing it every month like some
people have their groomers do it when ever the dog is groomed.  I can tell you
of to many stories where the gland ruptured because it was being done to
frequently.

Stress in dogs usually brings on diarrhea, not constipation. So I would try
switching her diet very gradually and see if that helps, if not, then let a Vet
check her out, and other then the gland hopefully nothing else is wrong. Also
pure pumpkin in the can, the one that doesn't have anything added to it, works
to regulate a dog. If they have diarrhea or constipation it regulates them. It
is not a laxative, it just helps to get their system to act normal.  Just 1/2
tsp 2x a day for two days usually does the trick for a 6-8 pound chi. You can
freeze the rest in portions in a ice cube tray, after frozen, move each one to
a plastic bag and then you will always have the portion ready if you need it.

I noticed in another post that you stated that she is being treated for Kennel
Cough, which is common in shelter dogs. I know that you also stated that you
are keeping Mickey away from her, which I am sure isn't easy. Be aware that
Kennel Cough is very contagious, they can pick up from sleeping on the same
bed/blankets, playing with the same toys, food and water bowls, and even from
your hands if you don't wash them before and after handling each of them. The
hard part about KC is that it seems that when one dog gets over it, the next
one picks it up. There are different strains of the virus too.  So you may want
to also ask your Vet if it is advisable to give Mickey a preventative
antibiotic or he may want to wait it out and see if Mickey can fight it his own
and not come down with it.  If Mickey came from the same shelter and hasn't
shown signs of it yet, then he must have a very strong immunity against it, or
perhaps he was already given the KC shot.

Lots of Luck with your new babies,

Peggy