I reread this and really do appreciate that you took the time to help
us!! Hope that this finds you and yours doing well!!:)  Diana

________________________________
 From: Candi <dobbiegal2...@yahoo.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 6:34 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Some experienced help needed ~ please

Hi Diana!! I am super experienced with this!! I have 10 dogs and brought in 6
tiny chis at different times!

1. when Kiko snarls at the puppywould she ever hurt him? On the other hand, she
mothers him a lot of the time.
I would just keep and eye on them make sure its not getting too rough but let
her put him in his place. If she is mothering him she will disapline hime too!

2. What do you do with a puppies nails, do they just wear down (they are sharp)
?
I use cat nail clippers (they look like little scissors) they are easy to
control and you can just nip the sharp tips

3. When the puppy jumps on Kiko all the time should we try to get him to back
off or do we just let it be up to the dogs to take care of their issues?
I leave it up to my dogs to work out their pecking order. When she is tired of
it she will let him know.

4. I am having difficulty keeping the two dog's foods separate?
I crate feed my guys, but you can feed in seprate rooms like kitchen and
bathroom use a baby gate to keep them separate.

5. The puppy wants to sleep in Kiko's bed ~ puppy has it's own bed.
The puppy is probably looking for the confort of being with a "littermate" and
like being by her smell. When he gets older he will find his own groove. As
long as she doesnt start acting out in rebelion. I would leave it be...

Hope some of this helps!! Good luck! :-)

Candi and Pack

--- In mailto:Chihuahuas%40yahoogroups.com, diana roller <rollerenergy@...>