http://www.alternet.org/story/144318/why_should_we_get_out_of_afghanistan_be
cause_imperialism_is_a_fool%27s_game?page=entire

Why Should We Get Out of Afghanistan? Because Imperialism Is a Fool's Game
By Larry Beinhart, AlterNet. Posted December 3, 2009.

Imperial occupations have become geometrically more difficult since the
Second World War. Tools
 EMAIL
 PRINT
 15 COMMENTS
Share and save this post:

AlterNet Social Networks:

In Special Coverage
Belief:
Hey Religious Believers, Where's Your Evidence?
Greta Christina
Corporate Accountability and WorkPlace:
Congress Can Kill Outlandish Bonuses for Wall Streeters: Why Won't They?
Sam Pizzigati
DrugReporter:
The Feds Are Addicted to Pot -- Even If You Aren't
Paul Armentano
Environment:
What's Cap and Trade? A New Video Breaks it Down and Reveals the Plan as a
Scam
Janet Redman
Food:
Righteous Porkchop: Vegetarian Rancher Explains How to Raise Animals the
Right Way and the Ills of Factory Farms
Tara Lohan
Health and Wellness:
25 Years Since the Bhopal Disaster, We've All Become Victims of the Chemical
Industry
Gary Cohen
Immigration:
Italy's Media Wrestle With Immigrant-Bashing
Sandip Roy
Media and Technology:
Teflon Dick: How Cheney Uses Media For Protection
Linda Milazzo
Movie Mix:
Disney Apocalypse: Why 2012 Sucks
Alexander Zaitchik
Politics:
"Tea Party: The Documentary" -- Attending a Bizarre Movie Premiere for
Right-Wingers in Washington
Adele M. Stan
Reproductive Justice and Gender:
How Our Health System Screws Over Women
Barbara J. Berg
Rights and Liberties:
What the FBI's Murder of a Black Panther Can Teach Us 40 Years Later
Jeffrey Haas
Sex and Relationships:
6 Tricks to Sex After a Divorce
Julie Bogart
Take Action:
G-20 Meetings: Nothing Much Happened in the Suites, and There Was Too Much
Punch in the Streets
Laura Flanders
Water:
The First Projections for Water in 2010 Are Out: Prepare Now for Another Dry
Year
Peter Gleick
World:
Honduras: What Now?
Thelma Mejia
More stories by Larry Beinhart
 Main AlterNet RSS Feed

Upcoming AlterNet stories on Digg
Digg
What is Digg?
20
What the FBI's Murder of a Black Panther Can Teach Us 40 Yea
11
The Feds Are Addicted to Pot -- Even If You Aren't | DrugRep
9
A Humanitarian Disaster in the Making Along the Chad-Cameroo
7
What Do Levi Johnston, Evangelicals and Oprah Have in Common
7
George Will: Get Off My Lawn You Hippie Dope Fiends! | Right